Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Friends Favorites

Last night at dance we were reminiscing about their favorite stories that they have heard about my kids and told me I should write them down so here they are.

Super glue-- (I wish I would have taken pictures, but in the heat of the moment we had to move fast to get it cleaned up.) Kaden and Adalee were playing downstairs, or so I thought, and when I came down Adalee was hiding her hands and Kaden was doing the scramble to hide something. I could smell the glue and grabbed her hands, her fingers were stuck together and they would not come apart. I go to pick her up to try to wash some of it off and her clothes had been glued to her body so she couldn't move from the sitting position. If you tried to move the clothes would just break. It was horrible to peel the clothes off of her, she has sensitive skin and it just peeled off with them. It made my heart ache. You may be asking at this point why it was not put away high or in a safe spot, well no spot in my house is safe!! I have smart monkey children that I find on the top shelf of the pantry or the closet and they know how to open anything. Childproof things in my house last, at most 5 min before they have figured out how it works, or how to get around it. Anyway it took over a month for the glue to come off of her skin and it was a daily reminder for Kaden not to super glue anyone again.

Stitches-- This past summer Conner has learned how to do stairs so the gate is gone. Adalee and Conner were playing in the living room close by the stairs and he got bumped. When I saw him go I dove to the rescue, like any mother would, and stopped him at the first step. Low and behold I wasn't paying attention to where I dove and ended up sliding my knee into the metal bar that holds the carpet to our tile. Luckily Tim was home, but when he looked at he didn't think that they could stitch it up because it was wide and flat, like the bar. Well I ended up with 3 layers, 28 stitches total. At least my scar has a good story behind it.

Syrup--We were getting ready for Conner's blessing and I had just about finished cleaning the house and went to feed the baby. Well my kids have this sensor in their bodies as soon as I sit down to feed the baby they are off into anything they are not supposed to. Thinking all is well, ha ha ha, I suddenly hear "sticky, sticky, sticky" and " Hey Adalee, put it over here" stuck in my spot for a few more minutes I about died when I started walking down the hall and my feet were getting very stick. Adalee, with the encouragement of Kaden, had spread a Costco size syrup bottle all over the house. Carpet, furniture, themselves and not nice big puddles but small trails EVERYWHERE . I was still trying to recover from the c-section so I couldn't do much so thanks to help of my family we got the carpets cleaned and for about a week after we were still finding places that the syrup had been poured.

Hair cut- Adalee decided that she needed to take her hair styling into her own hands and cut herself some bangs. Well that wasn't too bad because she still had enough to pull into a pony tail so I thought that it would be all. About a week later we are sitting at the kitchen table and Adalee gives Talmage a hand full of hair because she didn't want me to know that she cut her hair again. At the time I couldn't see where it had been cut but as she ran away down the hall more hair was falling out. She cut out big chunk out of the back so I attempted to fix the multi layered cut that she styled. We are still to this day trying to grow it out again, but she just likes to take matters into her own hands!


Before-with her bang job

Her hair cutting job.
After

1 comment:

suefoutz said...

everyday is an adventure at your house